Pre-engineered buildings are designed to give you 40 to 50 years of quality performance. Like any exposed metal surfaces, certain care and maintenance needs performed to insure the long term performance of these materials.
- Never allow mulch, dirt, gravel nor any other materials to pile up against your metal panels or trims
- Clean all gutters out annually
- Check any and all roof coatings at curbs and other transitions and clean and re-apply every 3 to 5 years
- Pressure wash the metal siding and trims every 3 to 5 years
- Keep all debris from accumulating on the roof panels.
- Inspect your roof to check any loose or missing fasteners every 3 to 5 years
- Remember that your metal roof experiences a tremendous amount of thermal movement over its life so always use flexible flashings, sealants and/or coatings.
A Preventive Maintenance guide is attached for your down-loading and use. We are also available to inspect and make building repairs should you have that need on your metal building.